All who have ever drawn, know that your hand has a mind of its own. Along this line of thinking I have developed an idea for a film featuring the animation talents of my hand. ‘Tremble’ started as a perfect circle drawn and traced into obscurity with no conscious interference of my analytical mind. Everyday an entry is made and at least ten frames are traced. I record my over arching emotions or feelings for the day, the date, the day of the project, the frame number and a sentence that I feel is an appropriate sneak peek into my life. My goal is to repeat this process for a whole year and see just where my right hand decides to take the work. I have a hypothesis that these trembles are not merely arbitrary but directly affected by the state of my unconscious mind and upon completion of the project I will have a visual representation of my experiences for the year.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 331

No comments:

Post a Comment